Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Trainer


This sunshine is really putting a spring in my step or as my sister Erica would say "Stella's got her groove back". I don't know if it's been that I've been really intentional about my attitude or what but I'm feeling like myself again.

Last night I went to my sister Erica's house to see her and the family. For being so close I really don't get to see them much so it's always a treat. Micah (her oldest) is going to be 3 May 1st and when he saw me come through the door he started doing quick feet he was so excited. When you're not a mom it totally melts your heart when young kids are excited to see you. I had so much fun seeing him and Alli. Micah was so excited to show me everything in the house and would do quick feet again each time we got to something new, he was literally bursting with excitement. Being around him made me feel like a child again and just made me want to let go of the everyday worries and get excited about all the things around me!

I picked up my bike last weekend and my dad had given me his trainer so last night instead of acting like it was just one more thing to do, I was really excited to hook my bike up and see if it would all work. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, so two calls later to my dad and Tyson interpreting an utterly confusing instruction sheet we had it ready to go! I knew I had a 90 minute ride in the morning and I really want to start getting miles on my actual bike instead of the trainers at the gym, so I was relieved we had it all figured out.

6 am rolled around and literally by 6:05 I was riding. After riding for about thirty minutes it wasn't my legs that were so uncomfortable but my butt was throbbing. Even with my extra padded biking shorts I had on, by 40 minutes I was wondering how Lance Armstrong even has 1 nut. I kept trying different positions but yowsers is that uncomfortable! If it weren't for Bill and Julianna, After the Rose, and Oprah Winfrey I probably wouldn't have been able to stay on the bike but I ended up making it through. It was awesome just being at home, making my coffee, eating breakfast etc and realized I had probably gotten ready at my house twice since we moved in. Taking my time and being at home all morning rather then getting out in the cold and trudging to the gym also made me a very happy girl and fed into my child-like spirit:)

Carissa and I are doing the indoor tri in on Sunday and I think we are both a little apprehensive but excited to be in a competition again. We'll see if my body will agree with my attitude:)

2 comments:

  1. katie you are straight crazy girl!!!! but i love it! Armstrongs nuts haha you are ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhahahahha. Lance Armstrong, one nut, hahahhahahha. Can't breathe. Hahhaha you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete