Thursday, March 11, 2010

Red Wine

Last night we had our first book club meeting and Laura put it best in an email this morning sent to the members
What does great friends, lots of drinks, too many appetizers, overrated dessert, lots of laughs and a great time have in common....BOOK CLUB!

We should probably name ourselves the best friends club because it is Tanya (my best friend since the 3rd grade), Laura and her very best friend from the 3rd grade Liz. I had met Liz a couple other times but Liz and Tanya had never met, so I was a little anxious as to if everyone would feel comfortable talking etc. But we had a blast! The book we are reading is remarkable, Blink by Malcom Gladwell and it's all about the kind of thinking that is made in a blink of an eye. Thus the title Blink. The book is very thought provoking and was fun to hear what the other girls thought about the points in the book. Laura is our book club president and she really stepped it up, she had questions ready to go for us to discuss. Thanks Laura!

I LOVE red wine, but I think the red wine mixing with wings was maybe not the best decision. Plus I got home that night and realized I had forgotten to take my vitamin pack and I think the entire mixture was too much for my stomach to take. I was up a few times in the middle of the night trying to decide if I was going to throw up or not. I would walk around and things would get better and then was able to fall back asleep. 5:45 came too quickly and I decided it would be best to skip the weight workout and just try to get a swim in. I slept till 6:50 and was in the pool by 7:05, Tyson found me in the pool area and it was fun to chat with him for a bit. He was exhausted when he got home last night from small group so it was nice to finally get caught up with him from the day before. Plus I love running into him at the gym, when I see him I get all confused like I know you, oh yea you're my husband:)

Once I started to swim I started feeling better. My swim workouts consist of a warm up, main, and cool down. My plan shows me my workout and then how long it should take. 4 weeks ago my first swim workout said it would be 45 minutes, when I looked at the clock after the warmup it was already 45 minutes!! So today I was pleasantly surprised that when I finished my work out I was under the time it should have taken. Since I had a few extra minutes I hit the hot tub, as much as they gross me out having the jets hit my sore muscles is pretty great so I just forget about all the people that have peed in it...gross. I can't believe I'm still sore from this weekend; hopefully a care free weekend celebrating my g-pa's 90th birthday, no workouts and little red wine (minus the wings) will be my cure.:)

1 comment:

  1. I've peed in that hot tub. Damn, BUSTED!!!

    ReplyDelete