Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding Weekend With a Long Run...

My Sulfur Mask...Tyson calls it my war paint
Beautiful Bride
Bridesmaids at rehearsal
Probably right before we all wiped out...


Last week seemed like such a blur that I couldn't really get excited for the wedding, also I broke out with a bad acne break out but went to visit Bri and she stitched me up and made me all better (note the red sulfur mask). I ran out of work on Friday around noon and got to Alex in time to meet my mom for a quick mani and pedi, which got the weekend started on a good note!

The grooms dinner was great getting to see everyone and meet Erin's fiancee Shane's family. After the dinner we all headed home pretty early knowing that the next day was going to be a long one. Ty and I set are stuff out to get ready for an 11 miler the next morning. The furthest he had ever gone and the furthest for me since my last marathon.

Saturday morning we woke up to a thick fog and we headed on our way. My legs felt like lead and Tyson seemed to be on cruise control, I thought maybe I just needed to wake up but I felt terrible the entire way around the lake (8 miles) we stopped by my house grabbed some water and split a gel shot and took off again to finish the last 3 miles which again I felt terrible. I don't know if it's because I haven't really done too much running, humidity or if my legs were just tired. Tyson was feeling great and I then realized that I needed to worry less about him being able to keep up and worry more about me being able to keep up! It was awesome to finish with him and see someone conquer something they had never done. Tyson officially understands the runners itch & high:)

We couldn't tell what the weather was going to do that afternoon but it was perfect and she looked beautiful and everything went great. We danced the night away and even survived a few falls, Courtney went to hop on Tanya's back but Tanya wasn't ready therefore they crashed, then Courtney, Tanya and I were dancing when Courtney all of sudden pulls out a new dance move sprang her ankle and wiped out which lead to Tanya and I laughing so hard that we proceeded to wipe out. No permanent injuries, just a lot of good laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment