Monday, June 7, 2010

training has started...

Up until the last couple weeks I really haven't felt like I've been training for a half-ironman. However the last couple weeks I have been completing every workout on the schedule (not blindly "skipping" the ones I don't want to do) and even completed a few 3 hour workouts.

For Memorial Day Weekend I went up to Alex and the weather was glorious! I left work early on Friday to get up to Alex without hitting much traffic. That morning I had met a friend for spin class and also got a swim in so I could just relax Friday night.

Saturday morning my dad and I got up early to get going and were pumped to see how gorgeous it was outside! We hit the trails, and headed to a nearby town of Osakis and got off the path a bit to go around the lake. All the cabins were buzzing with vacationers getting their weekend started, it was so fun to see. We forgot to eat anything before we took off, we were starting to get super hungry and to make it worse every cabin we biked by smelt of delicious bacon. My dad made the comment that if he smelled bacon one more time he was inviting himself in, and I think I would have joined him!

After getting back we enjoyed a huge breakfast and then joined the family on the lake. I forgot to wear sunscreen so it was a good thing I had a shower to go to at 3, because when I went inside I was already fried! The shower was with my four best friends from high school and their moms, it was a good time to catch up.

The next morning I got a 1o mile run in, I mostly went around the lake as that's my favorite path but had to veer off a bit to get the mileage in. My legs felt heavy but not too bad, overall it was a great run!

To close out the memorial weekend I decided to get my wetsuit out and get a swim in, while my little sisters followed by me on the jet ski. It's been a while since I've swam in the lake and forgot what waves feel like, after swallowing two of them I decided to just breath on one side and call it good.

The weekend was an overall success, little by little I'm feeling stronger and more confident I'll survive the race in 8 weeks, yikes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment