Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tired

Where has the week gone!?

This past week had been extremely busy and tough. Work has been crazy, training has taken a ton of time and energy, and I just can't quite get everything done...

Last Saturday I had to get a swim in and I get anxious going to the gym on the weekend because it's so busy. However I got to the pool and there was a lane open!! For some reason I just felt really good, my stroke felt right and I thought I was cruising. On Monday morning I was back in the pool feeling pretty cocky after my great swim on the weekend and this time I felt like I was swimming through mud. What gives? That night I had a much needed 10 miler and a coworker told me about a perfect loop to try however he forgot to mention the hills, yikes! I felt like I went up hill the entire time, but I was wearing shorts and feeling heat finally so I didn't care.

Wednesday morning I got up at 4:40 am for a two hour bike ride, and 30 minute run. As crazy as it sounds I wasn't tired and I felt great. I got to the spin room a half hour before class and then stayed a half hour after class so time seemed to fly by. Later in the day I started to get cranky but didn't know it it was the day or being tired.

We played volleyball last night and Tyson subbed so we got to play indoor volleyball for the first time together. It was great. I love my Wednesday night league, they are like a dose of goodness. Dick had on an ankle brace, knee brace, and black knee pads. Why he has knee pads on I don't know considering I saw him use them once and it was a five step process getting him down and then five more getting him back up. Too funny!

Ty and I went to noodles for dinner and then came home and cleaned up and got ready for our April Fools stint. We replaced a toilet in our house so the old one has just been chilling in the garage. So Tyson flipped the lid up and wrote "here I sit broken hearted, paid a dime and only farted. Have a great stinking day!" We then realized there was still water in the bowl so I siphoned it out with that thing you use for a turkey, baster?? I knew it would come in handy:) We put our black clothes on, loaded the toilet in the trunk and when it got dark we headed over to our good friends the Halverson's house. They live up on a hill and we could see Jessie and a couple girlfriends in the living room and didn't quite know what to do. The door was open also so we had to be very quiet. I carried the top of the toilet and Tyson carried the bowl part and we trekked up the hill. Just as we were getting close their motion lights went on and we about died. We had a quick argument on where to put the toilet and agreed to put it right by the door instead of in the driveway and then ran off. We were pretty proud of ourselves on not getting caught. However Pete texted Tyson this morning saying "nice pooper" so I guess we aren't that smooth.

I'm pumped to get to Alex this weekend and take my bike on the road for a few rides and also to take home the grand prize of the easter egg hunt which always gets quite competitive. I am the holder of the golden egg and must claim in once again. Better get the legs rested!

No comments:

Post a Comment