Friday, April 16, 2010

TGIF



It's Friday!! My week has been a fast but great one, this weather is the best!

For training this week I have been focused primarily on swimming which is probably good for me to work on my form etc but my skin is as dry as a dessert and my hair is getting nastier by the day. Usually swimming 3 x a week is plenty so doing 6 has been interesting, the water at the pool is so cold that I just dread getting out of bed, but I do and it's been a great week.

I took my bike out for another ride and I had to mentally prepare all day for it. I giggle sometimes thinking about if anyone could hear my thoughts they would die laughing. When I come up to an intersections I say Katie slow down, take a deep breath, don't be in a rush, clip out with your right foot, lead right, relax. Over and over I do this on the bike, I can't wait until I can just zone out like I do with running. I've always gotten in trouble growing up for day dreaming in class, I love it now even though I now know who I married and what job I have etc. There is still so much to dream about!

Wednesday night volleyball was a hoot this week, those guys are like a fresh breath of air. Tanya and I always leave and giggle the entire way home rehashing the night. Mark Bigelow is so nice and encourages the other team even while we are killing them, I've been on the other side of him before and it is quite annoying. In the middle of the game Tanya came over and whispered "I think we are beating them only because Mark is annoying them so much they can't focus". Russ was back playing which was great, he was in the hospital last week and asked the nurses if he could leave for an hour and a half to play volleyball, he's crazy! Dick's serve receiving wasn't the best last night and he was throwing out "I should have paid admission" which always gets Tanya and I doubling over!

WIth the nice weather Tyson has been really pouring his hear and soul into our pour little lawn, I asked him why he's been getting up so early and his response was that he needed to feed the yard, it's great!

This weekend is going to be a fun and busy one! Party tonight to celebrate Scottie opening his chiropractic business, tomorrow dinner with Pete and Jessie, and Sunday Twins game with my dad. I can't wait for it to begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment