Monday, April 12, 2010

I didn’t find the golden egg or take my bike Easter weekend but overall it was a GREAT weekend!

Lindsay my younger sister picked me up Thursday night and it was fun to catch up on the way to Alex. It seems the second I get on the highway and head towards Alex I feel myself relax, it’s simply the best!

We didn’t get home till late and my parents were already in bed so Linds and I sat in their room for a while and talked before going to bed ourselves. The next morning I got up early to babysit my nephews Brett and Will and had a blast, it was a busy morning with those two. That night since it was just Lindsay and I home and with no kids around we thought we should take advantage and get out of the house. We went to the Last Song and loved it and then went to Doolittle’s for some late night apps and drinks. It was so fun just sitting and talking, it makes me miss the days when it was just us kids at home, it seems so long ago and hard to believe at one time there were five of us girls all under one roof.

The next morning Erica and Paul arrived with the kids and we had the day with them alone until Stef and Dustin and the boys arrived later that night. It is a crazy house with 4 kids under the age of 4!

Sunday morning we all got up and got ready for church early in order to get an entire row at church. It was a good idea because the church was packed and the message was a great one. We headed home for a great brunch and alas the Easter Egg hunt!! We all sat downstairs with no windows while my parents hid the eggs, when they said go we shot out the door like amazing race. My brother in law said he’s never seen girls box each other out like us when we see an egg at the same time!

The golden egg was found by Stef so at least I lost to a fierce competitor☺ I still came up pretty well with 3 caribou cards and $6. It was a good showing…

Last week was a recovery week for training, still had lots of sessions but shorter ones. It was sort of weird because I should have felt full of energy with the short workouts but I felt tired. Wednesday night playing volleyball I just felt exhausted but the guys put me in a better mood. (Above are pictures of Dick and Mark, Ross is the 3rd guy I play with who was sick that night so I will have to follow up with a picture) Thursday night I had a real treat, an hour long run with my running partner and good friend Carissa. It was like food for the soul being able to catch up while getting a really good run in. I had been having a terrible and stressful week and it seemed like it turned around when I got home from that run.

This morning I got an email for my last chance to order pictures from the Boston Marathon which was almost exactly a year ago. Although it was a tough race it was so fun to look at the pictures. When I look at them I always wonder what I was feeling or thinking during that moment. That was the race that Carissa thought she was going to die so it was fun to look at our finishing photo with the biggest smilesever. We were so upset with our time but looking back through the pictures it made me upset for even caring. It was a fun race and maybe a one in a lifetime opportunity to run the Boston Marathon. I can’t believe a year ago I was gearing up for the run, can’t say I wish I was going this year but happy I did it when I could. Sleeping in on the weekends is a pretty wonderful thing that I am enjoying for a short period of time. I’m back into the thick of training so sleeping in won’t be happening for a little while longer!

This last weekend I took my bike off the trainer and took it out for a ride. When I take my bike to Alex we just hit the trail and go and very rarely do we need to stop for lights, traffic etc. I’m not used to navigating around cars, potholes, runners etc I wish I could say I enjoyed my 30 minutes of being back on my bike and on the road but I can’t. I literally was screaming at one point because I could feel all the cars flying by me with what felt going 90 MPH!! There were potholes every two seconds that I was trying not to hit in fear of flying over my handlebars. I’m still so new on a road bike and don’t know what my tires can handle! My nerves were shot by the time I got home so it was good I had a 30 minute run afterwards to calm down.

This week in training I’m focusing on the swim, meaning I will have a swim workout 6 mornings with a few short runs and bike rides. Thanks goodness!

I have my first triathlon in 3 weeks, yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment